When it comes to home comfort, a properly and fully-conditioned heating and cooling system should be needed. Our heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system are some of the most vital components in a household. Unfortunately, these heating and cooling units are often overlooked, which causes them to fail at the least expected time.
Here at Apollo Heating and Air Conditioning, we provide accurate answers to the top questions. Most customers would ask, especially when it comes to their HVAC system. Below are the following top questions that most homeowners commonly ask:
(1) What Is SEER?
SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio. An HVAC unit like the air conditioner rated through the SEER. It is the ratio of the cooling output of an air conditioning unit over a normal cooling season, divided by the energy it consumed in watt to hours. An HVAC unit with a higher SEER rating simply means that it is more efficient. That is why when you choose to buy a new HVAC unit, always look for the SEER rating.
(2) Should I Replace My Heating and Cooling System?
This can be one of the most asked questions for most homeowners since replacing an HVAC system is not an easy task to do. However, there are several issues to consider when replacing your heating and cooling system, and these are the followings below:
- The heating and cooling system is about to expire- If both heating and cooling systems pass their lifespan and have been through numerous times of costly repair, it is vital to replace them at the same time.
- Drastically increased energy bills- An old heating and cooling system tend to work harder, which simply means the power it consumes is more than usual. That is why looking for a replacement unit can be a long-term solution for your expensive monthly energy bills.
- Strange noises coming from the system- If you hear an unusual sound coming from your heating and cooling system, most especially if it’s a loud, banging, or screeching sound, this is a good indicator that your system needs replacing.
(3) What’s The Best Way To Get The Best Heating and Cooling System For My Home?
When it comes to getting the desired heating and cooling comfort within your homes, you should not only look for the SEER rating for the unit, but you should ask for expert suggestions from a professional HVAC technician as well. An expert HVAC technician will provide you significant input on the type of system you need based on factors like the size of your home. Identifying the size of your area is key to your comfort level and satisfaction.
(4) How Often Should HVAC Maintenance Services Be Done?
Your heating and cooling system should be inspected and serviced at least once a year. Moreover, as a homeowner, there’s only so much maintenance you should do yourself, like cleaning or replacing the air filters regularly. You can also look at your ductwork system periodically to see if they’re dirty and clean them if needed.
Need Some Professional Assistance?
If you need more than just HVAC maintenance services or HVAC repair, please know that Apollo Heating and Air Conditioning can always help! We have a great team of professionals that is available 24/7 to provide heating and air conditioning services. So, if you need top-quality air conditioning services and heating services, Apollo Heating and Air Conditioning is your top choice!